Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Goodbye Woodstock...

Dear Family and Friends, 

CONGRATS TO LANDON AND HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Hannah this is exciting! I think that this is the most exciting news in the whole world. I'm excited to have you as a sister Hannah. :)  I would love a detailed email of the whole story asap....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDMA SHIRLEY ON SATURDAY!  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!  You're the truest example of a Christlike person, and I hope you have the best day.

Well, the title of this email is true. Woodstock is being whitewashed. With Elders. Both Sister Anderson and I will be leaving tomorrow morning. Crazy eh? I had a slight feeling that I would be leaving, and it is so bittersweet. I feel SOgood about it. But I am going to miss Woodstock. I am going to miss the amazing investigators and members here. I was only here for a short time, but I fell in love. When does it get easier to say goodbye???

My new companion is Sister Puruganan from the Phillipines! That's right - isn't that sweet?! She has been out one transfer less than me, so she just finished training. :) We will be serving in the Hamilton Mountain West area. If I'm not mistaken, that is right on the water, just like Ajax! Also - I will be driving a car! Say what?! I don't think I remember how to drive. I'm excited/nervous/anxious.

I got the suitcase! Woohoo!!! It's going to be hilarious trying to fit four suitcases plus Sister Anderson's things in our car. Man, this will be awesome. I called the DL last night and asked him if it would be a problem to have four suitcases for transfers, and he said that Sisters can get away with anything. :) Thank you for the suitcase!!! I love everything, that I was allowed to open! Sister Anderson and I had the delicious Mac and Cheese - that was so yummy! Best mac and cheese I've ever made. Also, that chocolate milk was an answer to my prayers! 

We are super rushed today, and so I won't have much time to email everyone back individually. I just want to say thank you for all the prayers and support. I am so blessed!

Tonight we are going to drop by lots of people, and the tears will be there. Especially with Andrea. We haven't told her that we are both leaving yet, and it's going to be really hard. The one thing that she said she didn't want was for Elders to come in, hahah and look what happened! But, I know that this is for the best. I trust Heavenly Father, and the Elders will take care of her. 

We had a great week. We saw miracle after miracle. We even had a random lady show up at church, and is now a new investigator. We work lots with less-actives here in Woodstock, and it's become my favorite thing. I don't have much else to say. Haha 

Andrea came to church yesterday yet again, and has stopped smoking. We were going through some of the baptism interview questions with her, and when I asked her why she wanted to be baptized she said - "Because I know it's a positive thing that will draw me closer to God." Best answer ever! She rocks.  :)

We had an exchange this past week where on of the Sister Training Leaders, Sister Tuia, came to Woodstock and we had a tripanionship. It was so much fun. :) She is from Samoa and is such a hard worker. She was with us the day that Grandma and Grandpa dropped the suitcase off. It was really hard when I called and they were at Sister Dyment's house. It was SO hard not to talk to them on the phone, and obviously very emotional. Sister Tuia later told me how I was her hero for being so obedient, and that I would be blessed. I guess I was blessed with a huge suitcase from home.  ;)

My thoughts are all over the place right now. We have to go clean our apartment, pack and start saying our goodbyes. I hope that everyone has an amazing week. I love you all so much. 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment