Monday, August 12, 2013

So long to Ajax!

Hello Family and Friends!

Happy Birthday to Clara on Friday!

Well, my days in Ajax are numbered. I'm headed to the good ol' town of Woodstock, Ontario bright and early tomorrow! With packing, and zone activities, I have very little time to write today. So forgive me for not responding to everyone individually! P.s. I don't know how I got to Canada with so much stuff - but it doesn't want to fit!

This week was a pretty good week. I got sick! Woot woot! 

Last Wednesday we had a Zone Training Meeting, and I was asked to bear my testimony at the very last second. Normally, I would be freaking out, but it was a very tender experience for me. I was able to stand in front of 50 missionaries or so, and declare my love for my Savior, and I felt His love so strongly. 

On Thursday, I got the flu, and I've been feeling sick off and on ever since. So I spent a lot of time in bed, but God still made miracles happen. 

We were able to teach Cassandra, Monique and Raquel. They are getting their baptismal interviews tonight at the church, and it will be VERY hard for me to say goodbye to them. I will take lots of pictures, and they can all sign my journal. Trevor and Katrina are also planning on coming to the church to say goodbye tonight. Any who, Cassandra and the girls are all set for their baptism next Sunday. Of course I will be sad to not see them baptized, but I feel honored that I was able to take part in watching them become converted to the Gospel.  

I knew that a change was coming, and I knew that I was going to be leaving. The song - "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" comes into my head. I'm trusting God and His tender care that Woodstock is the place for me. It is going to be hard to leave this wonderful city of Ajax, but new adventures are in store! Plus, this isn't the last time that I will be in Ajax, right mom and dad? Haha, we better come back to visit!

This week we were able to reach the standards of excellence again. Meaning that we found new investigators, and investigators came to church! Waiting for investigators to come to church is the WORST part of the whole week, but when they walk through the doors it's pure joy! 

I read a talk by John Bytheway about 5 scriptures that will get you through almost anything. I don't have the scriptures with me at the moment, but at the very end of the talk it mentioned how those scriptures could get you through almost anything, but the Lord CAN and WILL get you through everything. If you let Him. That is something that I have such a testimony of. We're going to go through things that are hard. Right now, I'm really struggling with leaving Ajax. It has completely stolen my heart, and I've fallen in love with it. I've fallen in love with the ward and all of the people I've met. However, I trust my Heavenly Father. I trust that my purpose here in Ajax has been fulfilled, and I'm needed somewhere else. With the Lord, I can get through this, and I can get through anything and everything. 

People told me over and over again how hard a mission is. Boy, they were right. However, when I sit back and think about everything that has happened these past 3 months I feel so much peace. SO many disappointments, but SOmany miracles. The miracles and the amazing things are the things that I can talk about in detail. The disappointments have only made me stronger. A MISSION IS SO REWARDING. 

This transfer has been the transfer of Trevor, Trials and Triumphs and I'm grateful for every single day. 

Everyone go read Romans 8. Next time I email you I will be in Woodstock! I love you all so much. TRUST GOD AND DO HIS WILL!

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Sister Hardcastle

The Tunney's

Raquel - Brynn's twin  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment