Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy 7 Months!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Happy Birthday Scholz! You are going to love my card, it's hilarious. I love you!!

Happy Wedding to Landon and Hannah on Saturday. :) I'll be thinking about you. 

Happy Birthday to Uncle Neal on Saturday as well! 

Happy Birthday to Trenton on the 11th! Love you buddy!

Okay, so I'm going to plow through this email because I don't have much time! I'm headed to Niagara Falls today. :) So to start off -

Sister Woolf and I now have a 3rd companion - Sister Mendenhall. It's a little bit weird to be in a trio, but we are making it work. :) It is only temporary until the end of the transfer. Sister Mendenhall and I have been in the same district most of my mission, so we are already really close. I enjoy having her as a companion. 

This week was Zone Conference. It was incredible. It was so much fun to be with all of the other missionaries during this Christmas time. We centered the Conference on the Savior, and it was very spiritual. I'll just share one quote from President Scott - 

"He was rejected by some because He taught it, so we will be rejected by some because we teach it. He was hated by some because He taught it, so we will be hated by some because we teach it. However, that doesn't make it any less true."

We were also able to have a special visit from a General Authority on Saturday. Elder Hollstrum from the Presidency of the 70 came...amazing! There are 3 elements of change - 

1. Vision = Eternal Perspective
2. Willing to make commitments/covenants
3. Develop Self-Discipline 

We had a Christmas Party on Saturday night, and it was so much fun. I got to tell Santa everything that I wanted for Christmas. :) Trevor (the 89 year old less active) came and he really enjoyed it. He even came to the Christmas Devotional last night. Rekindling that fire…

So, I lost my planner! I sent home a package to you all last monday, and I may have accidentally put my planner in that package...if so, can you send it back?? If not, then it's with Ciera in her package. I'm losing my mind!

Jackie and Xavier are doing really well. :) They were both at church yesterday! We are still trying to work everything out for their baptism with the parents, so please keep them in your prayers!

We are working with amazing people here, and finding is going well. Transfers are next week, so if you don't send something today, then don't send anything until I give you the okay. :) I love you all. 

I will be thinking of you all this week, but I know that keeping my mind focused on the work is the best thing to do. :) I know that even more blessings await our family.

Love,

Sister Hardcastle

P.S. - I'll talk to you in about 2 weeks!!! WOOT WOOT!


Elder Fielding - one of the Assistants!
Sister Rees, my mission momma!!!
President and Sister Scott - most amazing people!!
By the Christmas Tree with Trevor :) 
Merry Christmas! 
Kendra - cutest little girl!!
Laura-Lee - my long lost Sister!
Happy 7 Months!
Eating treats with Jackie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment