Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year, New Miracles.

Dearest Family and Friends, 

Happy Birthday to Aunt Ado on the 16th. Love you so much Ado!!

It has been an amazing week. I'm amazed at the hand of the Lord in His work. It is a privilege to watch miracles take place first hand. 

Congrats to my favorite cousin Savanna on her new baby. :) I saw a picture, your baby looks beautiful. I'm going to spoil her when I return home, so no worries!

Sooo I had my 8th month birthday this past week. One word - scary.

Remember my favorite less-active, Liz Hughes? Well, we taught her the stop-smoking workshop last week and she crushed her cigarettes in front of us. I've never witnessed that before, it was amazing. Repentance is the most beautiful thing. 

Remember George? Well, he's been up north for a few weeks. We will be seeing him tonight. :) If all goes as planned, he will be baptized on Sunday!

Okay Mary and Michael. Michael is already well into Alma in the Book of Mormon. So prepared. He hasn't set a date for baptism yet, but his mom finally gave him permission. She said, "If Michael likes your church, he can baptize in your church." Talk about a changed heart. Then they both came to church on Sunday. In RS, Mary asks when Michael is going to be baptized because she says that he will be baptized whenever the church tells him too. Haha, so we will set him with a date on Wednesday. Miracle.

We found lots of amazing investigators this week. We are now teaching an Indian family that lives in our apartment building. They are so much fun. The kids, Abel and Abia ask the best questions, and they are all reading the Book of Mormon. 

Yesterday we went to the Medina's house (the Spanish family with 8 kids). Always a party at their house. We tried to show them an object lesson, but the kids started fighting with each other. Let's just say it didn't go as planned. Haha, brought me back to my childhood with all the crazy Hardcastle children. 

Sister Woolf and I had a very spiritual experience this week. We were having dinner with Trevor Ormandy, and he shared a very special experience with us. I asked him what time he wakes up in the morning...and that question led him to us telling us about his wife's struggle with cancer. He went through her whole history with cancer, down to her last breath. We were all brought to tears, including Trevor. There was such a special and tender spirit in that room. I know that he felt the presence of his wife. I know that I was sent to this area to help Trevor, and it has in turn changed my life. 

The weather here is crazy. It rains/snows/freezes. Schools have been closed, pipes are bursting in the hospitals, the side walks are ice-skating rinks. It's insane. It's not too cold right now though, so I'm counting my blessings. :)

The court date for the Vieyra's got moved back. So no update on them. 

This scripture was shared in sacrament meeting yesterday, and I've pondered on it a lot - 

Matthew 7: 7-11

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

I know that this is true. I had a testimony of the power of prayer before my mission. However, I never understood the power of prayer. I KNOW that Heavenly Father listens to His Children. I KNOW that He is waiting to bless us if we simply ask him. I am so thankful for this knowledge, and I love that I am to share the love of God each and every day. 

I love you all. Sorry this email is short. Keep being incredible. 

Love, 

Sister Corinne Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

Weirdo... 
Baby it's cold outside...
Lying by my teeny tiny heater...
8 Months...
My Pooh Bear :) 
I fell in our hallway :(
5 pin bowling…little bowling balls. So different!
My companion :)
2nd place...
Bowling with yours truly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment