Monday, January 27, 2014

Woolfcastle Round 3 :)

Dear Family and Friends, 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LAUR THIS WEEK!!!!! Love you Sis. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!

Happy Birthday to Jeni as well. :) Miss you!!

This week has been one of the best weeks of my entire mission. 

Sister Woolf and I will be staying together for ANOTHER 6 weeks. Holy cow. The Bishop says that we are hitting "Legend Status" in the Hamilton Mountain Ward. Last night when we didn't get calls, we were jumping up and down and giggling like little girls. We are so happy! We call our companionship - "Woolfcastle." Such an answer to my prayers. God is so good. So so good. 

Let's talk about Michael's baptism. It was so amazing. He had his interview on Friday afternoon. While he was being interviewed we taught Mary the Restoration. We told her that she is going to feel something at her son's baptism and she needs to pay attention to that feeling. After Michael was baptized and we sat back down, I put my arm around Mary and asked her how she felt. Her response was two words - "Really good." There have been times in my life that I have felt the Spirit very strongly, but seldom have I felt it as strongly as I did yesterday. It is hard to put into words the feeling you get of seeing a child of God enter into the waters of baptism. Michael looked so happy and so at peace as he was standing in the water, with a huge grin on his face. Moments like that are imprinted in my mind, and I know they will never leave me. I am so thankful for Mary and Michael. What a miracle they both are. We are going to work closely with Mary now and get her with a baptismal date. Oh get this, Sunday it was so cold, that it must have done something to the pipes because the water was cold. I felt so bad because I promised Michael that the water would be warm! He was a good sport though and wasn't too bothered! 

The rest of the week consisted of getting things ready for the baptism - cleaning the font, baptismal clothes, etc. and seeing our amazing investigators. 

Iain is doing really well. He is progressing right along and will be baptized on February 9th. It is so fun to teach him. Iain is the prime example of member missionary work. Tim Cushnie brought Iain to church and look what happened....he's embracing the gospel. It's as simple as that. The Spirit does the converting anyway. :) So just....invite your friends.

Best quote of the week. We were telling Rachiel Chirara (11) that she should "Ask God, Not Google" after she told us she was going to Google something. Her response was so funny. She says, "But Google is WAY faster." Hahaha, oh man. The youth are so great. 

Mormon 7:10 - "...and if it so be that ye believe in Christ, and are baptized, first with water, then with fire and with the Holy Ghost, following the example of our Savior, according to that which he hath commanded us, it shall be well with you in the day of judgment. Amen."


I know I've said this time and time again, but I love my mission so much. I have been forever changed. I never imagined myself to come to love the way that I have been able to love. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that He loves all of us so much. I know that His Atonement is for every single person. I know that our Father in Heaven is aware of every single one of us. I am a witness of that, and I will testify of that as long as I will live. 

Love you all. 

"Come Unto Christ and Be Perfected In Him"

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"


Happy Early Valentine's Day!! I love you all :)
The Chirara's :)
Like my new glasses?? Just kidding, I wish!
Brittney, Andrew & Byron. Love them all!
Lunch with Nicole and Nancy Hillman! Nicole is headed to the Spain Madrid Mission!!
JEN :)
Trevor!! Always a party at his house!
 Trevor :)
I gave Trevor my Christmas tree...because he didn't have one this year.
The Lago's family. Best Spanish Family ever!!!
My soul sister - Jackie Vieyra
Our amazing district!
Cleaning the font :)
My Best Friend <3
The 3 Musketeers :)
Michael's Baptism
:)
Michael the Miracle!
Love this kid.
Sister Woolf, Iain and me
The Cushnie Clan :)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment