Monday, February 24, 2014

What's a good subject?? :)

Dear Family and Friends, 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SAVANNA BROWN TODAY! Love you so much!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RUSSY ELDER TOO! Miss you bud. 

Does anyone remember what yesterday was? February 23, 2013....it was the day that I was able to go to the Salt Lake Temple! One year....holy cow....time flies! That day is still one of the most cherished days of my whole life.

So it was a pretty good week here in Hamilton. All these Canadians are on Cloud 9 because of the Hockey outcome. Woo hoo! Gold for the win. I'm happy for Canada. :) I love this country!

Iain was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints yesterday. It was so incredible! Sister Woolf and I were on the stand because we spoke in Sacrament Meeting, so we saw his face right after the blessing, he looked so happy! So yes, we spoke yesterday on the Plan of Salvation. I took the Pre-Mortal life section, and it went really well. I didn't have too much time to prepare, but the Spirit was there, which was all that mattered. I was able to bear my testimony of life before this earth. I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven that is SO concerned for our welfare. We are literally His Spirit children, and He loves us so much. 

We have experienced another miracle this week with Tim Cushnie's wife. We have started teaching her the lessons, and she even came to church yesterday. I love this family so very much. You know that feeling when you meet someone and you know that you knew each other well in the pre-existence? Yeah, that's how I feel about the Cushnie's, along with countless other people I've been privileged to meet on my mission. Last night we were sitting at the Cushnie's home and Tim said - "We must've known each other before this life." I had this huge overwhelming sense of peace because I know that that is true. God's plan is so perfect, and I know that I'm supposed to be here. 

I know you are all wondering how the weather in the frozen tundra is doing. It's warming up, but it's super windy. Apparently last week we had a "Alberta Clipper" and the warm sweep from Texas? Not really sure what it was, but it was a crazy thunderstorm. It started out with a crazy snow storm, then it went to rain and now it is all ice. I'm not lying when I say that I could ice-skate from place to place if I wanted to. 

Mary and Michael weren't able to come to church yesterday, but they are doing well!

Yesterday when we were driving, we saw George walking. Remember George? We haven't been able to see him for a month or so. It's pretty sad when people don't embrace the Gospel, even when they know it is true.

We came home one night to flowers on our doorstep. Not sure who they are from or why....But we were quite flattered! 

http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/10/our-responsibility-to-rescue?lang=eng

Read this talk, you'll love it!

We have Zone Conference this week - so that should be awesome! Thank you so much for all that you do for me. I am so humbled for how much love I feel from your prayers. 

Have an amazing week. 

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

Cold!
Flowers!
Bagpipes with Iain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment