Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Easter!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Sooo first things first. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLD'S GREATEST MOM THIS WEEK!!!!!! I love you so much. :) I will be thinking of you! Have the best birthday ever!

Also, Happy Birthday to sweet Ruthie on Easter!!! I miss you sweetie!!

What happened this week...

Yes, I did hit my 11 month mark, but that's not important. 

This is something that I struggle with almost every week.....remembering what happened!
So bare (bear) with me.

I think I mentioned this amazing part member family that we are working with - The Assestine's. But I shall refresh your memory. We are teaching Shane (12), Sheldon (10) and Shaden (almost 8). The mom is a member, and less active. The dad is not a member. All three boys came to church this past week and the most hilarious thing happened....There is a recent convert here with a big white beard who sits in the back row. Well, the three boys were sitting in the front row and then this happened....

Sheldon - "Look! Santa is here!"
Shaden - "That's not Santa, that's Jesus!"

Oh my word. SOOO funny!!! They continued to argue about it, and it wasn't quiet. I was trying to get them to stop, but it was so funny that I was just laughing. Kids say that darnest things...

So that happened. The two little girls that we are working with weren't able to come to church because the littlest one is sick - but they are still progressing really well. :) They are excited for their baptism!

David is doing well, not progressing too much right now, but we are still meeting with him. 

So I got physical therapy on Friday for my hip. The first time is always the worst right?? It hurt supppper bad. The doctor went on to explain that my hip is like the hip of a 60 year old, so that's good. Wait, it gets better - he has never seen a 20 year old with a hip like mine. Lovely. So I'll be getting physical therapy quite often, so hopefully it starts to help. It hurts to sit, walk, lay, etc. So standing is about my only option. In fact, I am standing while I write this sentence to take a break from sitting. Icing it really seems to help though, so I'm managing. I was able to get a blessing on Saturday by the Zone Leaders....it was a very interesting blessing. I was blessed with understanding and trust in the Lord and was basically told that my hip wasn't going to get better any time soon. So, understanding and trust right? 

We are going on exchanges tonight, and I will be staying in Napanee with Sister Zerkle! I've never been on exchanges with her, so I am super excited! She is from Las Vegas, I think.

The work continues to be hastened, and I continue to be so blessed as an instrument for the Lord. I love the Easter Season and the time that we have to reflect on our Savior. I know that He lives. I know that because He lives, you and I will also. I love this part of The Living Christ -

We testify that He will someday return to earth. “And
the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall
see it together” (Isaiah 40:5). He will rule as King of
Kings and reign as Lord of Lords, and every knee shall
bend and every tongue shall speak in worship before
Him. Each of us will stand to be judged of Him according
to our works and the desires of our hearts.
We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—
that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God.
He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the
right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the
hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to
happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.
God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.

Love you all. Xoxox

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other's On Their Way"

11 Months
Wearing my comp's name tag...
Tender Mercy - a mini pooh bear!!!
Yay! Happy Easter! 
A basket from Sister Sears' family!
Sooo yummy!
Beautiful eh?! Such a warm day! I love Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment