Monday, April 28, 2014

Hmmm....

Dear Family and Friends, 

Wow. Never thought this day would come. Happy ONE year to the cutest Eli ever!! I remember the day you were born...and what a special day that was for me and the rest of the family. Love you E!

I don`t have much to update you on this week....seems like I just emailed. 

Things are going so well with Sister Puruganan and I. I just love her! Honestly, I have seldom met a more loving and humble person in my life. Not to mention, she is hilarious. Last night we were getting ready for bed and we were talking about walking up the stairs with our laundry....then I hear her say, "Ain`t nobody got time for that." Oh my goodness. So funny! I am hoping that she can teach me some sweet Tagalog phrases soon. 

Yesterday was Branch Conference here in Napanee. Hehe, even with the members of the District it was small. It was fun though, and we had Birthday Sunday after church. Birthday Sunday happens on the last Sunday of each month to celebrate everyone who had their birthdays that month. So, it`s a potluck type thing. It`s awesome....lots of people come to it. 

James. He is the most awesome, prepared, golden investigator ever. I love teaching him!!! We always give him chapters to read with questions to ponder, and he keeps them in a binder and brings them to every lesson. He came to church yesterday for the first time and loved it. He was so welcomed! He set a new date for May 28th, which is his birthday. How cool is that....being born again on your birthday. And he will be turning 40....they say your life starts at 40....

The weather.. ..you are probably all wondering what it is like. Well. Lately the sun will be shining, but it will be cold. It is almost impossible to stay warm here, I`m convinced. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot wait for the Canadian Summer. Yes, it`s super hot. But it`s better than this cold. But, amidst all the cold.....Canada is beautiful.

Oh....my farewell was one year ago today. Scary!

Yesterday someone in the District Presidency asked me what I have learned about myself since being on a mission. I was put on the spot and wasn`t sure what to say because I`ve learned so much. But, what came to mind and what I would like to share is how much I have come to depend on my Heavenly Father. Before my mission, I had a testimony. I knew that God was there and that He loved me. However, that bond and that love is so much stronger. I realize how much we TRULY do depend on Him for everything. I am grateful for all of the times on my mission when I feel like I cannot go any further. It is those times that I feel immense strength, love, and gratitude to my Father in Heaven. I have truly come to know Him better. Along with my Savior. This mission that I have been fulfilling has been the hardest thing I have ever done. Yet, the absolute greatest, and I will be eternally thankful for this time in my life. 

I love you all forever and ever. I can`t wait to talk to you in a few short weeks! Keep being amazing. 

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Other`s On Their Way"

I don't think it wanted me to pick it up...or even pet it.... 
BEST PACKAGE EVER FROM SISTER BELYEA!
This guy taught me how to knock a guy out on the street....so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment