Monday, June 9, 2014

13 Months

Dear Family and Friends, 

13 months have come and gone! I can hardly believe it. Forgive me in advance, because this is going to be a short email. 

Happy Birthday to Riley Woolstenhulme on Wednesday

Where to start.....to be honest....this week has been a blur. I'm trying to keep my mind clear enough to write the things that happened. James was confirmed yesterday and that was a very special experience. When I asked him how he felt afterwards, he said the same thing he said after he was baptized - "different." He is doing so well. 

We had Zone Training again, which means I got to see Sister Woolf! Woot woot. It's fun serving in the same Zone as her. 

We have to really work on finding new investigators because we currently have like 4 or so. Lots of work to do here! The weather is warming up finally! It still rains quite a bit though, but it's still warm even if it's raining. I have a feeling it is going to be a very hot summer.

As a result of some members of a family we are teaching passing away, we have had a crazy couple of days. We found out on Saturday and things have been rather sour since then. We got blessings from our Zone Leaders on Sunday after church which was a big help. I won't go into much detail, but please keep them in your prayers. It's times like this that really make you grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I don't know what I would do without the knowledge that I have of the Savior and His Atonement. I know that Heavenly Father knows the situation of each of His children, and some things are completely out of our control. I have a strong testimony of the power of prayer, and that is what is pulling me through right now. Thank you in advance for the prayers on behalf of this amazing family.

Mosiah 24:13-14

"And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.

And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! For everyone that is up at the cabin - Be safe. I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Happy 13 months! 
The Wilson family gave me this! They bought it at a yard sale! I'm totally bringing this home. :) 
Flowers, flowers, flowers!
I wouldn't dare pick it up with my hands....haha
So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment