Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August already? NOOO

Dear Family and Friends, 

Happy Anniversary today to the greatest parents ever!!!! 31 years and still going strong. :) Enjoy your vacation. Love you both so much. 

I am sorry if this is a shorter email, and if I don't reply to everyone individually, there is a lot to get done today. But I would just like to mention, thank you for the friendly reminder of how little time I have left. HAHA, I am pretty sure everyone mentioned it, but what can ya do. Thank you for the package. Sister Puruganan and I LOVED it so much. We had so much fun looking up all of the scriptures. The candy didn't last very long....yummy. You are all so thoughtful, and I am so blessed with the most amazing and supportive family. 

The work continues to move on, with a few set backs. I'll start with an update on the Leavens. It's been hard to see them lately because Sister Leavens has been in and out of the hospital. She finally received surgery on Saturday night though and is recovering in the Kingston Hospital. One of our sweet members read to us Brother Leavens' Facebook status last night that mentioned how they are saying Sister Leavens may only have months to live, not years like they had previously said. The tumor they discovered was more widespread than they thought, and things are going downhill fast. Please pray for this family. They have three grandchildren in their teens that they are taking care of, and this family needs Sister Leavens. However, I have never met a lady with more faith amidst her trials. She always has a smile and a word of encouragement to give to someone else, and it's inspiring. I know that God has a plan for that family.

We saw the Lindsay boys last week. We went by to drop off an invitation to the Branch Picnic. Of course it is always hard going over there, but it's getting easier. The boys are much more open to talking with us now. We were able to finally see Sheldon and Shayden. Shane is really stepping up to the plate and helping out his sister. When we stopped by he was doing the dishes, then feeding the bird, etc. Very proud of him, considering he's only 13. 

Tom is still out of town. Darn!! Hopefully he gets back today and we can start the regular teaching schedule again with him. He's so great!

We met some awesome people in our finding efforts. We talked to this one lady, Tammy, who was working in her garage. She just had twins in March, so it was awesome to be able to talk to her about Katie having twins. She is soooo open, and we were able to give her a Book of Mormon. They are going out of town for a few weeks, but we will be meeting with her soon! It is amazing to be led by the Spirit to the places you need to go and the people God has planned for you to meet. 

The Melhuish's.....my family away from my family. They feed us every Friday night, and this time it was very special. They have a daughter, who has gone a little wayward, and it's been really hard on them. The Spirit was so thick as we testified to them of the Atonement. We mentioned that God gives His toughest battles to his strongest soldiers. Sister Puruganan said the closing prayer, and I just couldn't hold it in anymore, and we both started to cry. I'm not sure why I was so emotional, but I left feeling so much gratitude for the way I was raised. It was a tender experience. 

The Branch Picnic was this week! It was so fun. It was by a beautiful lake! We played games - and Sister Puruganan and I rocked it at the Balloon Toss and Egg Toss....probably because of the intense companionship unity....haha. The members in this Branch are so great. 

We met a lady named Marg a few weeks back through Sister Leavens. Marg called us last week and asked if we would be willing to offer service for one of her friends, Katia, who was just recently diagnosed with cancer. Of course we said yes, and it was such a miracle! Marg picked us up, so we could travel together, about a 20 minute drive. Before we left, I felt inspired to grab the August Ensign that we had just gotten from our Zone Leaders. Well, after helping Katia and hearing her story, Sister Puruganan grabbed the Ensign and read something from an article she had read that morning. It was PERFECT. Katia opened up to us so much. She mentioned that when she was laying in the Hospital not sure if she was going to make it, she prayed for someone to be sent to her that could help her. After she said that, it went silent. Then she said - "I know you two are an answer to that prayer." Once again tears filled our eyes, and we testified of the Plan of Salvation. God's plan is perfect, He makes no mistakes. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father used Sister Puruganan and I as His instrument that night. It is something I will not soon forget. 

Yesterday was some sort of Civic Holiday (just an excuse to have a long weekend). It was a good day though. We mowed Sister Burnfield's lawn and taught some great people. We had dinner with the Wales and Allen last night, and that was a blast. We watched the Restoration Video for Allen to have a greater understanding. Every time I watch that video I feel the Spirit.

Well, maybe this email wasn't as short as I thought it was going to be. The transfer continues to roll forward, and I love every day. I love my companion, she has become an eternal friend for me. I love Napanee, I feel as though I may die (finish my mission) here. I know that God has a plan for my final few months in Canada, and I am excited to witness more and more miracles. I love you all and pray for you daily. Never lose sight of the Gospel. It is the most important thing that we have. 

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Loved all of the stamps!
Sister P!
Thank you so much! 
At the Branch Picnic!
Cutest little boy ever....He made me a mud pie!
Party with some of the members!
I had wayyy too much fun with the lawn mower.... 
:)
Mary's baptism picture from Hamilton! So happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment