Monday, August 18, 2014

Let Us ALL Press On!

Dear Family and Friends, 

I am proud to say that today I am cutting my hair. I haven't cut it my entire mission, and I think the time has come! Stay tuned next week for how it went. 

Also, transfers are next week AGAIN. Can you believe it?! I can't. So probably don't send any mail!

Thank you so much Amy for sending that envelope of letters from the Cabin!! It was awesome. You all rock. :)

Last Monday we went with Cortwright to "Lake on the Mountain." Yeah....self explanatory....it's a lake that is on a mountain. Haha, not much of a mountain, but you know. It was beautiful! I'll send pictures!

Sister Puruganan and I had a fun and fulfilling week. Where to start....

Well we went to see Kristi, John, and George. It's probably been awhile since I talked about them, so I shall refresh your memories. John and George are recent converts. Kristi is not a member and is married to John. The only reason Kristi is not a member is because of some Word of Wisdom issues, but we began teaching her once again. She set a baptismal goal for October 20th, so it's pretty far in the future, but it may take that long. :) However, she is awesome and came to church yesterday (she comes all the time). So stay tuned on Kristi!

Jim Leavens!! I love that man and that entire family. Unfortunately, the doctors think that Sister Leavens' cancer has spread and chemo will be starting very soon. They have been so busy rushing from appointment to appointment that we haven't been able to see them lately. Well, I felt so prompted for us to just show up and offer to weed their tomato garden. On Saturday afternoon, that is what we did. :) You should have seen their faces when we showed up in our service clothes. Jim says, "Oh! It must be your day off, so you're wearing normal clothes." But then I said it wasn't and we just came to help, and I swear tears filled their eyes. So off we went to weed the garden. All went well until I got stung by some crazy creature that I've never seen before. It hurt SO BAD. Do you all remember how swollen my arms would get after my allergy shots? Well, it was more swollen than that and still is. It's been itching ever since. Oh well. After we helped them, we were able to teach Jim, and we saw him again last night. He is so close to baptism....so so close. The love in the family is so evident that when I go to their home, I never want to leave. I am so humbled and grateful for the experience it has been to teach Jim and draw close to that family. They are one of the miracles of my entire mission. I know that there is timing for each and every person, and I know Jim's time will come. So stay tuned on him, too. :)

The Powley family. We weren't able to see them this week. Everything was kinda chaotic with Sister Leavens. However, we've been in contact through text, so we'll be seeing them this week! They are awesome!

Sister Burnfield, a single sister in the branch, had us over for lunch on Friday. After lunch, we asked if there was anything we could do for her, and she asked if we would help her set some mouse traps around her house. We gladly did, and I told her to call us if she caught any, and we would get rid of them for her. Well, she called on Saturday morning and was SO excited to tell us that one was caught! Bless her heart. She was too scared to throw it out so we popped by, and I disposed of it. I have an interesting interest in animals because of Napanee. 

It rained so much and was rather cold this week. With that said, fall is quickly approaching. The leaves are changing, and the nature is beautiful. Honestly....I wish you all could drive through the outskirts of Napanee....the most beautiful scenery!! Tons of farm land, trees, bunnies hopping around, etc. Breathtaking. 

Well, my friends, the church is true. God lives and loves us. Each person we see and interact with is a child of God, and deserves to know the truth. These last few months of my mission will be sacred for me, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store. It hasn't been a walk in the park, but it's been the greatest mountain climb ever. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

Sister P!
Here it is - Lake on the Mountain!
On the ferry that takes you to the lake!
The whole group!
Sister Burnfield's mouse....
The Leavens' mouse. I think her name is Kiss.
33 MOSQUITO BITES LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment