Monday, October 20, 2014

The Priesthood Power is Real!

Dear Family and Friends, 

Doctrine and Covenants 101:16 - "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God."

This scripture is what got me through this week. It was an overall amazing week, but it involved a minor setback. It was Thursday, and we were encompassed in our weekly planning session. Our phone must have been on silent because when I checked it, we had a missed call and a voicemail from a "withheld" number. When I listened to the voicemail my heart completely stopped, and I'm pretty sure I turned completely white. It was someone from the Napanee Police Department asking for me to call them back. I already had tears streaming down my face before I called them back because I knew what it was about. I hesitantly called them back, and they wanted all of the information that I knew about that beautiful family that I taught in Napanee, that had that tragedy. I'm not going to go into much detail. My voice was shaking as I was going through these memories in my head trying to express to this lady everything I knew. The sisters in Napanee must have given the Police Department my number for this area because one of the sisters in Napanee right now used to serve here, so she knew the number. It was an awful phone call, and it brought back horrible memories and feelings. About 10 minutes after the phone call was over, we had to leave to go teach a lesson. It was so hard. So I called our district leader and asked for a blessing. It was hands down one of the most beautiful blessings I have ever received. Elder Wilson didn't even really know what was going on, and the blessing was so exact to what I was feeling. The Priesthood it SO real. In the blessing he said, "Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning."  I know that God is aware of each of our challenges. He brought peace back into my heart, and I am so grateful for Him. All flesh is truly in His hands. 

Other than that.....this week was awesome!! The weather is getting colder. Time to pull out the leggings and gloves! 

Greg got the Priesthood yesterday! He is doing so well. We're trying to work it out so that I can go to the temple with him to do baptisms before I leave. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Last week in my email I mentioned a couple that had been coming to church. They came again yesterday!! But they still haven't agreed to meet with us. They have so many fellowshippers already though, so when they decide to meet with us, I have a feeling they'll progress really quickly. They are incredible. Their names are Fred and Brenda. The other day I was talking about them to Sister Womack and I said - Bred and Frenda. So that's what their name is now. :)

The Jacobs family from Sudan is doing great! They haven't come to church yet though.....Sometimes it's really hard to get people to come to church. 

Yesterday after church there was a "linger longer," which is basically a pot luck and all of the members stay after to eat and socialize. It was awesome. The members in this ward make me feel at home. The Rowden family especially. They remind me so much of Mom and Dad! We had dinner with them last night. 

So we dropped by a few members on Saturday afternoon. We dropped by Brother and Sister Clifton, who are currently serving in the YSA branch. Well, Brother Clifton is a lawyer and Sister Clifton is from Korea!! Such a small world. Sooo basically I bragged about my dad for 20 minutes. Then they invited us over for dinner. :) Hopefully they have some Kimchee!

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yeah, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." - Alma 26:37

I love you all. Stay strong. I'll see you all SOON!

Love, 

Sister Corinne Hardcastle

"Have Faith, Have Hope, Live Like His Son, Help Others On Their Way"

I love fall!! 
I saw a member from Woodstock! 
Sister Rowden!
Close up!
"Everyday is Saturday...." haha, this is a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment